This
mental exercise was very mind opening and helpful. Unlike the loving kindness exercise I was
able to use the exercise to gain the ability to feel accomplished afterwards;
the loving kindness exercise was very heavy and did not allow me to explore the
abilities I have within myself.
I am a stay at home mom and most of my day is spent
taking care of the house; others and making sure all schedules are met,
followed and fit into each other. Not
having the time to help myself as well as my family I don’t get the chance to
stop and enjoy my family, life and health.
By adding the spiritual wellness into the plan to improve my health both
mental and physical I can create another leg to the stool I use to balance my
life – and we all know that more legs on a stool help to create balance that is
natural and not stressful.
Hello Heather, I enjoyed reading about how you enjoyed the Loving Kindness track better than the Subtle Mind track because I did too. I find it amazing that you and I both lead completely different lives yet we both find common ground in this class by sharing similar experiences with these relaxation tracks. I am a non-married, 26 year old military woman and I don't have any children. My job can be very stressful at times, but I understand that being a stay at home mom can too. I can imagine that you get so many things thrown at you that people think you can drop your plans for. I think it would get stressful catering to everyone else's needs and most times neglecting your own. I hope you can take away some tools, from this class, to help you minimize your stress, as I intend to.
ReplyDeleteHeather, I am definitely in the same boat as you in that I liked this weeks exercise much more than the loving kindness exercise. The Subtle Mind allowed me to relax and not think too much. Your title about the stool is funny, but I agree! The mental, spiritual, and physical areas of wellness could all the viewed as legs on a stool. If one is underdeveloped, the stool will not be sturdy and could possibly fall over. GREAT analogy!!
ReplyDeleteThe meditation for this week was easy, I do not have to use a "muscle" :) just breath. Seems like you are very busy mom. You should stop sacrificing "me" time for others, because when kids grow up you may feel empty, physically and mentally. do sometimes something for yourself, like learning something, go places, and maybe use you talent.
ReplyDeleteFor example, I gave my older son a bucket list, the places I want to visit and he taking me there for mothers day. I was thinking to get a small camper and go camping by myself on weekends for spiritual tune up.
Maybe you do not need legs for the stool, you can learn to levitate. :)