Saturday, December 6, 2014

Some of the mindfulness practices have helped me understand the life I have is amazing and wonderful.


Of all the mindfulness exercise we have practiced in this class the visualization and subtle mind have been the ones I have benefited from the most.  With the subtle mind exercise I have gained the ability to clear my mind and create a more quiet moment;  which has allowed me the ability to listen to my body and help me understand why I am having certain problem in the physical areas of my life.  The visualization has helped me remember and align my day with the things I need to get done - by using visualization in the morning I can map out my day by visualizing myself performing certain actives while not forcing them to be in a certain order or time. 

With the daily use of these practices I can help to create links between my mind, body and spiritual side that can help when I need to find better ways to help cope or find a solution to problems that are presented in my life.  These practices are also the ones that allow me time to relax and enjoy the amazing life I do have.

2 comments:

  1. Good evening Heather,

    Informative and insightful blog post. I love relaxed breathing techniques because it is a part of meditation practices which involve deep, even-paced breathing by using the diaphragm muscles to expand the lungs in order to get as much oxygen to flow through the body while feeling rejuvenated. The purpose of this practice is to slow breathing in order to take in more oxygen and reduce the use of the shoulder, neck and upper chest muscles so the individual can breathe more effectively. A quiet setting is useful to have when engaging in the subtle mind and meditative practice because it eliminates distractions. As individuals become more skilled at meditating they may become more capable of practicing it anywhere especially in high stress situations where the benefits of medication are more useful. Breathing deeply is great natural functions that will help individuals concentrate on listening and feeling in order to achieve psycho-spiritual flourishing. Loving kindness is also another beneficial practice that allows positive thoughts of loved one or someone who one cares about in order to allow forgiveness, tranquility, inner peace and training the mind while eliminating negative thoughts and stress. Have a great day!

    Zaconia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good Morning Heather:

    Today is my birthday and I really want to relaxed. Visualizing is also one of my favorite methods to use when I need to relax. I read your blog earlier this morning and tried visualizing a few moments ago and set out the things I will be doing today.

    I should be finished with all my 'activities' at around noon, then I will do some meditation before taking a map. If we incorporate these things into our daily lives we will certainly be better off.

    ReplyDelete