Saturday, December 20, 2014

Even with no changes I still feel that there was improvement - but maybe changes will come after the holiday season.


In the unit 3 blog I made the following assessments of my wellbeing – physical - 5, mental – 7 and spiritual – 5.  While there are certain times of the year that are better for certain areas of my life the short period of my life that has been this class has helped bring up the changes, but the stresses of this time of year are bringing it down to make there no real change.  After the holiday season when the idea is not so pressed to make everyone happy this will have a dramatic increase in my wellbeing, I can change the focus from meeting society’s view of what I should be doing to the things that make me feel fulfilled and bring more positive to my life. 

The goals are going to remain the same with the emphasis being on the physical first; since, there are so many built in areas that are affected by the improvement in the physical area of life I can help with the mental side and the spiritual as well.  Giving myself more time to be unplugged or in a mind calming state each and every time I allow myself to engage in physical activates. 

At this state I have not implemented the changes since the kids are out of school and home with me all day long.  We are however going to explore the area we live in on our bikes and hikes to help with getting them out and moving like they do during the school day.  This will also give me a time to spend out of the house and the things that I am constantly being reminded I need to do – laundry, cleaning, improvements, Christmas cards, wrapping gifts and figuring out what to do for others. 

This course has allowed me to explore the connection of the mind, body and spirit with a better understanding of what will benefit me the most.  And, while I was not helped by all the practices we engaged in there were people who explained what helped them during the class, which I can understand better and use to help my clients, family, friends and patients in the future. 

1 comment:

  1. Hi Heather, great post! I know how hard it can be to truly change things when children are present, I have two of my own and expecting number three and things have been quite difficult. But you know what, I feel as if though a mothers job is never done. We always seem to jump over that las hurdle and carry those burdens with grace that would tear a normal individual to pieces. I commend you so much because I can definitely relate to you in this area, when you have some counting on you to do everything for them, day in and day out, change can often feel impossible. But once again great post Heather, I wish you the best in everything you pursue.

    ReplyDelete